🙘 Send SMTP Messages from z/OS Batch, TSO and CICS 🙚
OfficeVision/MVS (OV/MVS) customers have mail enabled line-of-business (LOB) applications that use the underlying e-mail network to distribute information such as reports and status notifications from batch, TSO and/or CICS functions to end-users. OV/MVS traditionally uses a SNADS based e-mail network, either IBM's DISOSS or TBS Software's OfficePath/SNADS.
Even as OV/MVS customers migrated their e-mail users to LAN-based systems such as Lotus Notes/Domino and Microsoft Exchange their LOB applications continue to run on z/OS. However, once all of their OV/MVS users have been migrated, the cost of maintaining a SNADS network just for this purpose becomes a significant cost issue.
While alternate solutions like file transfer may at first seem attractive, they create new challenges of their own. For example, customers who use TBS Software's OfficePath/Batch-TSO and/or OfficePath/CICS ( or their RAPID equivalents1 ) will need to identify all e-mail enabled LOB applications, then change them to use FTP instead of SNADS. Further, FTP only transfers the files to a LAN. The files still need to be addressed and distributed via traditional e-mail.
SMTP-Send (OP/SS) solves these problems by replacing your
SNADS e-mail network with industry-standard SMTP. Because it is designed
to work with OfficePath or RAPID, no changes are required to your existing
mail-enabled LOB applications. Simply replace OfficePath/SNADS or
RAPID/Base with OP/SS and map SNADS addresses to SMTP mail addresses.
OP/SS will establish a TCP/IP session with your existing SMTP mail network
and send it all messages that used to go via SNADS.
- replaces the SNADS Send services of DISOSS and OfficePath/SNADS
- no changes required to existing e-mail enabled LOB applications, including Application OV/Fax
- direct connection to all SMTP compliant e-mail systems including Lotus Notes/Domino and Microsoft Exchange via TCP/IP
- send to users, applications, pagers, telephones and more...
- replaces outbound functionality of IBM's SMTP Server reading SMTP formatted input directly from the JES Spool, but faster
- converts reports into PDF or RTF attachments
- compresses attachments using built-in ZIP compression
- table based or LDAP based, SNADS to SMTP address mapping and distribution list lookup
- validate addresses and look up distribution lists in external directories using LDAP
- control who can send e-mail and to whom
- NLS enabled for easy translation into languages other than English
- send rich-text forms and structured correspondence using the HTML Mail Merge feature
- easily send an end-of-job e-mail notification with a customizable summary of completion status for each step (Batch only)
- log each outgoing email message to SMF, CICS journal or sequential dataset.
- simple to install, configure and administer
- preserves your investment in OfficePath/Batch, TSO, CICS and RAPID/Batch, TSO, CICS
- replaces SNADS mail infrastructure with industry standard SMTP
- reduces overall cost of MVS to LAN e-mail connectivity through lower software licensing fees and administrative costs
- allows users to expand beyond traditional SNADS "8 by 8" addressing
- easy to install and use
- any IBM supported release of z/OS
at least one of...
|Free, No Obligation, 30-Day Evaluation • Call (905) 940-9373 ext 511 • E-mail|
- Not yet convinced of the benefits of OfficePath/SMTP-Send? We'll prove it -- at no risk to you.
- Websites and sales presentations are all well and good, but they're not proof.
- Contact TBS Software today to discover first-hand how OfficePath/SMTP-Send can benefit you.
VF Corporation uses OfficePath/SMTP-Send to deliver z/OS application data to Lotus Domino
Glaxo Wellcome uses OfficePath/SMTP-Send to deliver z/OS application data to Microsoft Exchange
1OfficePath/SNADS replaces the distribution functions of DISOSS.
RAPID/Base provides comparable functions to OfficePath, but requires
DISOSS. RAPID/Batch-TSO is equivalent to OfficePath/Batch-TSO and
RAPID/CICS is equivalent to OfficePath/CICS.