Easily add e-mail distribution to your z/OS Batch, TSO and CICS applications
SMTP-Send lets you easily send information by e-mail directly from existing CICS, TSO and batch processes to recipients on your intranet as well as out on the Internet. Your applications and operations staff can quickly begin mail-enabling your line of business and operations processes from within the 'glass house' without getting lost in arcane protocols such as TCP/IP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, LDAP, MIME, etc. Since all the processing takes place on the z/OS or OS/390 platform you don't need to learn about PC or UNIX based mail systems. Your operations staff can control the processing using familiar tools and procedures. SMTP-Send is a one-way communications process from z/OS to the outside world. By positioning your mainframe SMTP server behind the corporate firewall you preserve system integrity. SMTP-Send lets you benefit from new technology and from new ways of doing business while preserving your investments in current systems.
- distribute reports, statements, forms, invoices, statuses, confirmations, etc.
- notify users when applications complete or fail
- send messages to pagers, cellphones or fax gateways
- mail enable your z/OS line-of-business applications
- send e-mail from MVS batch and TSO/ISPF with no programming required
- send to users, applications, pagers, mobile phones and more…
- directly callable from any application
- easy-to-use API for CICS applications
- send sequential, PDS, PDS/E and HFS data sets as attachments
- select any JES2 job dataset(s) to send as nicely formatted and navigable HTML attachments
- supports GDG datasets
- direct connection to all SMTP compliant e-mail systems including Lotus Notes/Domino and Microsoft Exchange via TCP/IP
- NLS enabled for easy translation into other languages
- send ‘end-of-job’ e-mail notifications with a customizable summary of completion status for each step (Batch only)
- simple to install, configure and administer
- replaces outbound functionality of IBM’s SMTP Server reading SMTP
formatted input directly from the JES Spool, with much greater thruput
Mail formatting features…
- easily send rich-text forms and structured correspondence using the HTML Mail Merge feature
- perk up your plain text with HTML
- convert attachments into Portable Document Format (PDF) format
- compress attached files using built-in ZIP compression (Batch only)
- control/limit use of different configurations
- control who can send e-mail and to whom
- log each outgoing email message to SMF, CICS journal or sequential dataset.
- address lookup and translation exits to validate email addresses and look up distribution lists in external directories using LDAP
- respond quickly to your customers and business partners
- users and application programmers are insulated from arcane e-mail protocols
- preserves your investments in existing line-of-business applications
- uses industry standard e-mail protocols
- enhanced security
- easy to install and use
Any IBM-supported release of z/OS or OS/390
Free, No Obligation, 30-Day Evaluation • Call (905) 940-9373 ext 511 • E-mail
- Not yet convinced of the benefits of SMTP-Send? We’ll prove it – at no risk to you.
- Contact TBS Software today, discover first-hand how SMTP-Send can benefit your business.