SMTP-SendTM • The power of e-mail distribution from z/OS and OS/390
Easily integrate e-mail distribution capabilities into your z/OS and OS/390 Batch, TSO and CICS applications
In today's highly competitive business environment information technology is expected to deliver improved service and a competitive advantage by communicating information quickly to customers, suppliers, employees and others. It is no longer acceptable, for example, to print out reports and manually distribute them when you can send them electronically. And since e-mail is not only more flexible than fax, but is now also as ubiquitous as the telephone, people increasingly prefer to receive information in that format.
SMTP-Send lets you easily send information by e-mail directly from existing CICS, TSO and batch processes to recipients on your intranet as well as out on the Internet. Your applications and operations staff can quickly begin mail-enabling your line of business and operations processes from within the 'glass house' without getting lost in arcane protocols such as TCP/IP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, LDAP, MIME, etc. Since all the processing takes place on the z/OS or OS/390 platform you don't need to learn about PC or UNIX-based mail systems. Your operations staff can control the processing using familiar tools and procedures.
SMTP-Send is a one-way communications process from z/OS and OS/390 to the outside world. By positioning your mainframe SMTP server behind the corporate firewall you preserve system integrity.
SMTP-Send lets you benefit from new technology and from new ways of doing business while preserving your investments in current systems.
- distribute reports, statements, invoices, statuses, confirmations, etc.
- notify users when applications complete or fail
- send messages to pagers, cellphones or fax gateways
- mail-enable z/OS and OS/390 line-of-business applications
- send e-mail from MVS batch and TSO/ISPF with no programming required
- send to users, applications, pagers, telephones and more...
- directly callable from any application
- easy-to-use API for CICS applications
- send sequential, PDS, PDS/E and HFS data sets as attachments
- direct connection to all SMTP-compliant e-mail systems including Lotus Notes/Domino and Microsoft Exchange via TCP/IP
- replaces outbound functionality of IBM's SMTP Server reading SMTP formatted input directly from the JES Spool, but faster
- e-mail address lookup and translation exits
- validate addresses and look up distribution lists in external directories using LDAP
- control who can send e-mail and to whom
- NLS enabled for easy translation into languages other than English
- simple to install, configure and administer
- send rich-text forms and structured correspondence using the HTML Mail Merge feature
- convert attacments into Portable Document Format (PDF) format
- compress attached files using built-in ZIP compression (Batch only)
- easily send an end-of-job e-mail notification with a customizable summary of completion status for each step (Batch only)
- log each outgoing email message to SMF, CICS journal or sequential dataset.
- respond quickly to your customers and business partners
- users and application programmers are insulated from arcane e-mail protocols
- preserves your investments in existing line-of-business applications
- uses industry-standard e-mail protocols
- enhanced security
- easy to install and use
- any IBM-supported release of z/OS or OS/390
|Free, No Obligation, 30-Day Evaluation • Call (905) 940-9373 ext 511 • E-mail |
- Not yet convinced of the benefits of SMTP-Send? We'll prove it -- at no risk to you.
- Websites and sales presentations are all well and good, but they're not proof.
- Contact TBS Software today to discover first-hand how SMTP-Send can benefit you.